Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why so difficult...

So, we just moved and that was a chore on its own... but... why is it so difficult to photograph my own children?
case in point... i had this great idea for our "we're moved" cards and all and so in my head I went over and over.. then tried the set up and the lighting wasnt working for me, so waited another day.. and right what I wanted in my head.. so, i brought the kids out to help me but thats when their listening ears went off...
We were able to get the shot that we wanted, but.. of course not all looking the same way, etc... but... I love taking photos of children, and especially toddlers as their expressions and mannerisms are great.. but when it comes to my own i think my own frustration kicks in and then its downhill. But with other kids, it just flows perfect and I get the shots I want, and the parents want : without the frustration
I get some great shots and actually too many, that we have soo many that are frame worthy just sitting... but.. now with the new house maybe those will turn into my wall....

all in all.. photographing children is a passion.. im looking forward to a few shoots that I am working on...

No comments:

Post a Comment